- The Moral Values Project: A Call to Moral Action in Politics, in Moral Argument, Religion and Same Sex Marriage: Advancing the Public Good. ed. G. Babst, E. Gill, and J. Pierceson, Rowman & Littlfield/Lexington (2009).
- Moral Conflict and Liberty: Gay Rights and Religion, 72 Brooklyn L. Rev. (2007)
- The Moral Values Project: Deploying Moral Discourse for LGBT Equality, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Foundation Monograph (2006)
- The Right to Define One’s Own Concept of Existence: What Lawrence Can Mean for Intersex and Transgender People, 7 Geo. J. on Gender & L. 115 (2006)
- Gay is Good: The Moral Case for Marriage Equality and More, 17 Yale Journal of Law and Feminism 139 (2005)
- Brief of the National Lesbian and Gay Law Association et al. as Amici Curiae in Support of Petitioners, Lawrence v. Garner, No. 02-102 (U.S. Jan. 16, 2003).
- The Moral Rhetoric of Legislation, 72 New York University Law Review 992 (1997)
- Sexual Orientation, Morality, and the Law: Devlin Revisited, 57 University of Pittsburgh Law Rev 327 (1996)